Monday, March 14, 2011

March 13, 2011



So we thought we had 2 more weeks..... Well, Aubrey had different plans! My doctor was due to leave on a 10 days cruise on Monday the 14th, and Aubrey caused issues that sent us to labor and delivery on the 13th at 2pm.... We were told that we would be having a c-section after 7:30pm... the waiting game began... would've been sooner, but I drank a carnations instant breakfast that morning.... luckily I slept in, and missed my Lovenox shot...




We waited and waited.... I was getting nervous about the c-section, but there was no turning back, the time was here.... we went back to the OR around 7:45pm... I was a champ for the spinal, I think the most painful part of that was the guy pushing on my back to find the space... but that went in well... and soon Timmy came in... We talked to each other, said prayers, listened for the announcement of "baby time"... and soon it came!




Aubrey Faith was born at 8:31pm, weighing 5lbs, 5oz and 18 inches long.... just perfect!!! She had to go to the NICU because of her age, which we understood.... we knew her lungs were working... she let all of us know! She was screaming, letting everyone know she was there!!! The tears were flowing, and we were just waiting for them to bring her to us to see her.....




They took her upstairs, and started closing/cleaning me up... the morphine was pushed, and Timmy left the room once I passed out.... I joked with my doctor that he's free to go on vacation now and take extra time too!! And then I went to recovery... After sitting in recovery for 1-1/2 - 2 hours, I got to swing through the NICU to see Aubrey before going upstairs.... she was just so perfect!!!!!




I didn't sleep that much last night... my mind was racing... I wanted her with me in the room, but I also want to make sure she's okay 100%! I had pictures on my camera to look at.




Today, Timmy and I went down to see her, and I finally got to hold her and give her a bottle.... she took 15ml, up from 10ml at the last feeding... they put her IV down by half... and said that she should lose the IV by tonight... then it's up to her to keep eatting, and hold her body temp.... they said she should go home by the weekend... I don't think they will say Thursday to us, b/c they don't want to get our hopes up.... Not looking forward to going home without her, but if it's what needs to be done to make sure she's completely ready to come home, that's fine with me!

Here are some pictures from the last two days....


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS!

    She's beautiful! I love those full lips in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete


Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers