Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Milestone... Cerclage is in...

Today was the day... woke up early, got ready and headed to the doctors. NT Scan first, which went well... Our baby is already a trouble maker!! Not positioned right, and pushing off the side of my uterus every time he/she got into the right position... we will have our hands full!!! It was an awesome scan, b/c we got to see the baby move around, and even smile!!! The smile made the baby look like Pac-Man!!! After all that was done, it was off to the Tully Center.

Arrived at Tully at 10:30am... that's when I started shaking!! I was so nervous, even though I've been through it before... it's still going into an OR, which I don't like!!! We were taken into the Pre-Op room, where we sat and watched TV, as they set me up with my IV... then it was just waiting. Dr V was running late... I could've taken a nap!! Finally by about 12:30pm, he arrived... Walking to the OR was like the "green mile".... LOL! And the one thing I didn't forget about last time... How COLD the OR is!!! But luckily they give you nice warm blankets! I fought with the Anesthesiologist because she was giving me the lecture about how there are two ways of doing this, general or spinal... and how much better the spinal is, blah blah blah... I'm like, "listen lady... the guy that took my signature agreed on general... stop your babbling and put me out!" I don't want to hear the doctor's talking about their family, or golf game... I don't want to remember what they do during the procedure... I just want to breath deeply and wake up when it's done!!! Thankfully she did what I asked, not without attitude... but whatever! My doctor is awesome.. he knew I was getting aggravated, and worked up, so while I laid on the table getting all set, he held my right hand to calm me down. I tell you, he's my favorite doctor!!!

So I can't tell you much about the procedure, because I was asleep... but I remember waking up and making fun of Dr V for having a purple phone!! I was in good spirits, knowing that it was done. 1st level recovery didn't seem too long, but apparently I was in there for 45 minutes to an hour... I only remember about 20 minutes of it.... then I was taken to 2nd level, where Timmy got to come and sit with me.

Now I'm back home... recovering on the recliner.... I have heard people say they feel 90% better the next day! I have hope, and my fingers crossed!! When I get up and take pictures of our ultrasounds, I'll post those.... but for now, it's off to dream land!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers