Heather came on the phone... my results from my genetic testing came back... Negative for Fragile X, but I tested positive as a carrier for Spinal Muscular Atrophy... the words sound scary, and the first thing I wanted to do was research, but I'm trying to hold back... I was told that Timmy needs to also be tested, because that will be a huge factor...
If Timmy is not a carrier, then our children only have a 1% chance of being born with SMA and will just need to be tested to see if they are a carrier of SMA when they get older...
If Timmy is a carrier, then our children will have a 25% chance of being born with SMA... or should I say, they have a 75% chance of not being born with SMA...
Just the pamphlet that they gave me the day I got tested... 1st sentence in BOLD says, the leading cause of early childhood death. WOW!!! But I will try not to read into it too much until we get back Timmy's test results. He went today to have his blood drawn, and the results should be in in the next 2-3 weeks.... And the wait begins... I thought my next milestone would be getting to 26 weeks so I would be further along than last time... but looks like we have a small milestone before then... getting through these next 2-3 weeks in one piece....

Hi Tracey. I've been quietly following your blog since before your pregnancy. Congratulations on your new pregnancy! I truly am so happy for you. I just wanted to comment now to say that my prayers are with you during this frustrating and fearful time.
ReplyDeleteI lost my son Liam at 23 weeks in April 2010. Diagnosed with just pre-term labor but possibly IC as well.
-Tracy