Friday, August 20, 2010

Can I Catch a Break??

So we went to the doctor's for our first ultrasound... We were taking bets on twins or not... empty the bladder and away we go.

I told the ultrasound tech about the concern for twins, so she looked around and searched to make sure... "only one," she said. We saw the little flicker of the heart, so precious. Then she continued to do all of her measurements, and it was back out to the waiting room to wait for the doctor.

When we went back in, the conversation began with, "the pregnancy is in-utero, but...." I don't like "but's".... I guess they saw something in one of my ovaries... that something was probably the twin of the baby that is in the uterus growing... he/she just didn't follow down the tube... So now they have placed me on strict bed rest for one week, and I will go back to the doctor's for another ultrasound in a week to see where we stand. It could go away on it's own, or if it starts to grow, I will have to undergo laproscopic surgery to remove the sac in the ovary. The doctor said that it will not harm the baby in the uterus, that my high risk doctor does a lot of those surgeries.

So now I had to tell my boss that I'll be out for a week, already, at only 6 weeks! Oh boy! This is going to be some journey!

I guess I just have to work extra hard at the one thing I want most in life...

A Family!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracey,

    I read your post on Babycenter.com. I lost my son at 19 weeks + 4 days. My doctor said it probably caused by IC. Will you please give me the information of #1 MFM in Fairfield County ? Also, if you know the doctor name of Danbury Hospital, please let me know, too (I live in Danbury area) Thank you so much!
    Here is my e-mail: levianth@hotmail.com

    Blessing~~

    ReplyDelete


Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers