Saturday, August 7, 2010

Doubling #'s & Facing My Fears....

1st Blood-draw appointment went well on 8/3... our number 117. I got the call back from the nurse that there is a 2nd blood-draw to make sure the numbers are increasing, and to learn how to give myself the Lovenox shot. OH BOY!!! Anyone that knows me, knows I don't do well with needles! So in I went on Thursday, 8/5... got the blood-draw over with and went in to learn the Lovenox shot... I think the words, "Can I come back tomorrow?" came out... LOL! It was a long drawn out process, I was very stressed and tense.... but eventually I had to do it... Okay... it wasn't that bad! The first shot left me with a nasty bruise... GREAT! I can only imagine what my belly will look like in a few weeks... no "cute pregnancy belly" for me... Oh well...
Made it through shot #2 Friday morning, not as much of a bruise, and a lot easier - no stress or pressure. Work was nerve-racking, waiting for the call from the doctor's office about my numbers... And of course I miss the call, but she left me the voicemail... we're up to 272! More than double, that's great!!! I'm scheduled for blood-draw #3 on Monday, 8/9...
I'm now done with shot #3 too... and this one left NO bruise!!! I must be mastering this! Thankfully!!!!
Everything I went through with Timothy Joseph has made me stronger, as well as more paranoid! But he's given me the strength to face my fear of needles! Never in my life would I have thought that I would have to shoot myself up with a needle every morning, but I'm doing this for a good thing, no a GREAT thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers