Friday, December 3, 2010

Never a dull moment...

Today was another weekly doctor's appointment... I went in for my weekly ultrasound, and there was a trainee in there. "take you're time" is my response... I don't mind laying there and watching Aubrey on the screen. So the ultrasound took a good 30 minutes, and boy was Aubrey kicking around throughout the entire thing, until the ultrasound tech tried to get a good picture for me... then Miss Drama Queen had her hand over her face!! She tried as hard as she could, but no good picture. It was off to the reception area to wait for my doctor to get my P-17 shot, and it was quick this time... but we walked pasted the lab... back to an ultrasound room... huh??? Jess then explained to me that one of the blood-work results that came back was positive... it was the AFP (alphafetoprotein) that came back high... but she told me not to worry, that they were going to do another level 2 Anatomy scan to double check everything, and then I would meet with Dr V again to discuss.... So a second 30-40 minute ultrasound... I couldn't really enjoy this one, b/c my brain was just running in circles!! When the ultrasound was over, I went and got Jess to receive my P17 shot, while I waited for Dr V...
Then he called me back to his office... where he told me that he's 98-99% sure that everything is perfectly fine... but if we wanted to rule it out 100%, I would need to do an amnio... I will have to speak to Timmy about that one... I'm good with 98-99%, and it's not like we would end the pregnancy now anyway! So why go through it??? Dr V said that the positive result could've been from the spotting that I have been having... then he also told me that I have yet another abnormality! What a surprise!!! My placenta is shaped oddly! Great!!! Not only do I have the normal placenta, but I have a mini one next to it.... I can't remember the name for it... but it's very rare... Seems like I'm a magnet for rare!!! It could be harmless... but it could also cause some issues... like small birth weight... but that's not a problem for Aubrey as of yet... she's 13oz right now, which is actually a little bigger than the average baby... websites say that babies at 21 weeks are 10-11oz! WOW! 3oz away from 1 lb!!! Oh and not to mention, she has her umbilical cord wrapped around her shoulders... but I was assured that it's okay, that they will keep an eye on it!
All in all... the appointment went well... Another week down! He said he would like to see me get to 37 weeks... and I probably will... so looks like the 2nd to last week in March... right before out 2 year wedding anniversary! What a great present!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had a placenta like that with my son who is now 4 yrs-- he weighed in at 8lbs 4 oz when I was induced at exactly 37 weeks. So no worries! I will PRAY for peace of mind and healthy baby!! I've been following you for awhile but never post! I have had everything known to man ODD/unusual/unpredictable/high risk in pregnancy and loss. BUT I have two kids here on earth 19yr and 4 yr. So doctors don't always know everything.

    ReplyDelete


Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers