Yesterday was an interesting day at the doctors... I waited for my ultrasound, and in comes another lady with the ultrasound tech.... "Hi, my name is Deb, and I'll be performing your FFN test"... my what??? Apparently it's another test to see if I will go into labor within the next two weeks... fun! Just what I want to know... best part is, they have to use a speculum... but they are not allowed to use gel, b/c it will mess with the results... talk about uncomfortable! Oh well... gotta do it! Ultrasound cervical check went well... everything is holding up!! I'm always above 3cm (I think that's what they are measuring in!). Then I was transferred over to another room for fetal monitoring... no heartbeat tracking yet.. but they were monitoring for any contractions... 40 minutes... and not one single spike in the line! YIPPIE!!! Then in comes the doctor with my ice.... oh fun!!!! She asked me if I remember the Steroid Shot from last time.... I said, "kind of... I remember them walking into the room with it, and me climbing up the gurney and then up my mother's arm, b.c I saw the needle..." she explained that it goes in easier than my P17 shot, but it will burn a little.... sure enough, the minute that she started pushing the solution thru the needle and into me... "YUP! I remember it now!!!" OUCH!!!!
I have to go back today for the 2nd steroid shot, as well as my P17 shot... so much fun... 3 shots in the back in 2 days.... way to end the year! Then next week will be my 1 hour glucose challenge test.... Fingers crossed that I pass!! Or else I have to go back and do the 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test... Even more fun! But after the pass/fail come back from those, we will have a more tentative scheduled c-section date for when Miss Aubrey Faith will enter into this world!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment